Thursday, June 23, 2011

Puttin' Up Corn

Well I bought 60 ears of corn from the market today to put up as cream style corn. This is no job for sissies! First you have to shuck the corn and remove the silks. Then you have to wash the corn and try to remove most of the silks. This corn was really wormy so I had to cut a lot of the ends off. There were a few ears that were so bad that I just had to throw them away. Then I had to cut the corn off of the cob. And after that I had to scrape all of the cobs so that I could get that good milk out of them to make cream style corn. (That is the hardest and messiest part) And now all I have to do is to put the corn into my containers to freeze. I ended up cutting my finger pretty bad with a knife. So I can truly say that I put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into making this corn! But I know that this winter, I'll be glad that I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment