Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Favorite Summer Recipes

I have a summer recipe that I just love! I've just got to make this again next week! I got the recipe from Cooking Light's Fresh Food Fast. It is called Grilled Grouper Sandwiches with Tartar Sauce. Now I used cod because grouper is very hard to find around here. I really think that any fish that is white would be good. But anyway here is the recipe:

4 (6 oz.) grouper fillets (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
cooking spray
Tartar sauce (recipe below)
4 (1.8 oz) whole wheat hamburger buns
4 green leaf lettuce leaves

1. Prepare grill.
2. Brush fillets evenly with olive oil; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place fillets on grill rack coated with cooking spray;(I use a fish grill rack that I spray with cooking spray and cook over the grill) grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
3. While fish cooks, prepare Tartar Sauce. Spread about 2 1/2 tablespoons Tartar Sauce over cut sides of each bun; place 1 lettuce leaf on bottom half of each bun. Top lettuce with fish; top with remaining bun halves. Yield: 4 servings.(serving size 1 sandwich)  Calories 388 per serving.

Tartar Sauce
1/2 cup light mayonaise
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1 1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Yield: 2/3 cup (serving size 1 tablespoon) Calories: 43 per serving.

This is in my honest opinion, a very good fish sandwich. It is much better than any other fast food fish sandwich.

1 comment: