Sunday, May 29, 2011

Standing in the Rainbow

I got my idea for starting a blog when I read Fannie Flagg's book Standing in the Rainbow. I enjoyed that book so much. It was one of those books that you just don't want to put down. Sometimes I'd just love to go back to the days when life was much simpler. But now that we have all of the gadgets with all of the bells and whistles, could we ever think about doing without them? I don't think that I could. Or maybe I could downsize a bit. That's what we are thinking about doing as soon as some of our contracts on our gadgets run out. We've got over 200 channels on our satellite TV and there are probably just a few shows that we really watch. So yes, I think that if we had to we could do without. After all, what's really important is not all of the things that we have but that we have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment