Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cheap Eats

Tonight I cooked a pot of beans in the crockpot. It's really one of the easiest and cheapest meals to make. All you need is a pound of dry pinto beans, four slices of thick sliced bacon, and  a teaspoon of Fiesta brand's pinto bean seasoning. First I wash the beans real good to make sure that there are no rocks or dirt in them. Then I pour the whole pound of beans into the crockpot. I cover the beans well with about a couple of inches of water. Then I cut up four slices of the thick sliced bacon and put them in the beans. I cook the beans on low for about six to eight hours. Then just about an hour before they are done, I season the beans with the pinto bean seasoning. To me, it's the pinto bean seasoning that makes all the difference in how the beans taste. It really gives them a great flavor. You know if you have a pot of beans and a slice of cornbread, that's all you need for a hearty meal. And country girls can survive!
Crockpot of pinto beans
Fiesta Brand Pinto Bean Seasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment